An ideal tester for electricity companies, manufacturers, installers, maintenance firms, industry, R&D centres and infrastructure.
Chauvin Part No: P01139705
With its site-proof casing, the Chauvin Arnoux CA6550 insulation tester is used to check equipment insulation during manufacturing, on-site installation work, periodic inspections and recommissioning of installations.
Specially adapted for checking insulation on rotating machinery with a 12 kV power supply or higher, the CA6550 complies with the IEEE43 standard which recommends insulation testing at 5-10kV.
Chauvin Arnoux C.A6550 10kV Tester Features
- Fixed Test Voltage: 500V, 1,000V, 2,500V, 5,000V & 10,000V.
- Variable Test Voltage: 40V - 10,000V - 3 presettable voltage values.
- Ramp mode: 3 presettable ramps: start voltage / end voltage / duration.
- Discharge after test: Automatic.
- Timer: Up to 99 minutes 59 seconds.
- Automatic calculation: DAR / PI / DD /ppm/V ratios.
- Measurement display: 3 filters with 3 possible time-constant.
- Programmable alarms: An alarm threshold can be memorised.
- Storage: 256 recordings, 80,000 points: R, U, I and date.
- Communication: Optically-isolated port for USB and RS232 links.
- PC software: DataView.
- Power supply: NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Battery charging: Battery charging possible while performing insulation measurements.
- Electrical safety: 1,000V CAT IV - IEC 61010-1 and IEC 61557.
- Dimensions: 340 x 300 x 200 mm.
- Weight: 6.2 kg approx. (excluding accessories).
- Chauvin Arnoux C.A 6550 Warranty: 1 year.
Bag with 2 safety leads 3 m long equipped with an HV plug at each end (red / blue), 1 guard test lead 3 m long equipped with an HV plug at one end and an HV plug with rear connection at the other end (black), 3 crocodiles clips (red, blue, black), 2 CAT IV 1,000 V test probes (red/black) for voltage measurements, 1 blue lead with rear connection, 1 mains power cable 2 m long, DataView software, 1 optical / USB communication lead, 1 C.A 6550 operating manual in 5 languages on CD-ROM and 5 specification labels (1 per language).