Main users: electricity companies, manufacturers, installers, maintenance firms, industry, R&D centres and infrastructure.
Chauvin Part No: P01139706
The Chauvin Arnoux C.A 6555 megohmmeter is a high-end portable measuring instrument intended for the measurement of very high electrical insulation and resistance values, mounted in a rugged site housing with a cover. It has a graphic screen and can operate on battery or mains power. The C.A. 6555 makes insulation measurements at voltages up to 15,000V.
Thanks to the large measurement range, extending up to 30 TΩ, the C.A 6555 meets the requirements of companies manufacturing cables, transformers, rotating machinery and medium-voltage generators, as well as professionals in the Electricity Transmission and Distribution sector.
Chauvin Arnoux C.A6555 15kV Tester Features
- Fixed Test Voltage: 500V, 1,000V, 2,500V, 5,000V, 10,000V & 15,000V.
- Variable Test Voltage: 40V - 15,000V - 3 presettable voltage values.
- Ramp mode: 3 presettable ramps: start voltage / end voltage / duration.
- Discharge after test: Automatic.
- Timer: Up to 99 minutes 59 seconds.
- Automatic calculation: DAR / PI / DD /ppm/V ratios.
- Measurement display: 3 filters with 3 possible time-constant.
- Programmable alarms: An alarm threshold can be memorised.
- Storage: 256 recordings, 80,000 points: R, U, I and date.
- Communication: Optically-isolated port for USB and RS232 links.
- PC software: DataView.
- Power supply: NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Battery charging: Battery charging possible while performing insulation measurements.
- Electrical safety: 1,000V CAT IV - IEC 61010-1 and IEC 61557.
- Dimensions: 340 x 300 x 200 mm.
- Weight: 6.2 kg approx. (excluding accessories).
- Chauvin Arnoux C.A 6555 Warranty: 1 year.
Bag with 2 safety leads 3 m long equipped with an HV plug at each end (red / blue), 1 guard test lead 3 m long equipped with an HV plug at one end and an HV plug with rear connection at the other end (black), 3 crocodiles clips (red, blue, black), 2 CAT IV 1,000 V test probes (red/black) for voltage measurements, 1 blue lead with rear connection, 1 mains power cable 2 m long, DataView software, 1 optical / USB communication lead, 1 C.A 6555 operating manual in 5 languages on CD-ROM and 5 specification labels (1 per language).